Monday-Thursday: 10.00 - 19.00
Friday: 10.00 - 16.00
Saturday: 10.00 - 14.00
The newspaper room is open from 08.00 Monday-Friday
The library offers free Internet access and also free public wireless connection.
We provide interlibrary loans for material we don't have in our library.
We also borrow books in foreign languages from The multilingual library in Oslo,
see searchable catalogue.
The service is free of charge.
National library card
The aim of LÅNEKORTET is for the holder to be able to borrow from most Norwegian libraries.
You can obtain this national library card by bringing your identifiation to the library counter.
If you are housebound because of illness or disability you can have books and other media brought to you by a librarian around every 8th week during winter season.
We choose a selection for you based on what you like to read.
If you would like to use this service - or know someone who might be interested, please contact
Tel: 33 08 53 30.
The service is free of charge.
Ask a librarian
You can ask Biblioteksvar about most things. Librarians from all over the country will help you find the information you seek.
Biblioteksvar is a digital reference service where you get in touch with a librarian via chat or e-mail.
1. BORROWING RIGHTS
- All persons living in Norway has the right to borrow books and other materials for free
- Misuse of the borrowing rules may result in suspension in the right to borrow items from the library
2. LIBRARY CARD
- Proper identification needs to be shown in order to recieve a library card
- Library card or ID needs to be shown in order to borrow items from the library
- The library issues personal library cards. The library card cannot be used by other persons, and loan by a borrower to a second person is not allowed
- Children up to the 7th grade need the signature of a parent or guardian in order to gain a library card
- It is the card holder's duty to inform the library immediately if there is a change in address, telephone number, e-mailaddress or loss of library card
- A new library card is issued in accordance with current fees
3. BORROWING TIME
- Items may normally be borrowed for 30 days. The loan may be renewed up to 3 times provided the item is not reserved by others
- Parts of the collection may have other borrowing time
- The card owner is responsible for all items taken out on the card
- Damaged items must be replaced according to rules and prices stipulated by the library
- Fees for non return within time limit is decided by The Town Council (Kommunestyret)
- The library is not responsible for damage that may occur on technical equipment caused by items borrowed from the library
- You may use the Internet in the library
- It is not allowed to use the Internet to watch pages with pornographic, racist or violent content
- The library staff has a duty not to disclose confidential information concerning library users or their loans
7. OVERDUE RETURNS
For adults For children
1. reminder kr. 30,00 1. reminder kr. 15,00
2. reminder kr. 60,00 2. reminder kr. 30,00
3. reminder kr. 100,00 3. reminder kr. 50,00